Restorative yoga is an extremely therapeutic application of yoga practice to promote the para-sympathetic nervous system to encourage our mind and body to fully let go of stress and tension.
The beauty of restorative yoga is the practice focuses on deep relaxation techniques whilst holding yoga postures which are supported by props, such as bolsters, blocks, blankets and cushions, with awareness to promote balance, connection and stillness and improve flexibility, sleep patterns, hormone regulation and reduce anxiety.
Restorative yoga is a wonderful teaching tool to enable students of all levels to practice and is suitable for health issues and injury/ post-surgery recovery.
The benefits of restorative yoga –
• Resets the nervous system – By promoting the parasympathetic nervous system which reduces stress, anxiety and depression
• Improves sleep
• Releases muscular tension and Improves flexibility and mobility
• Reduces aches and pains
• Boosts the immune system
• Encourages mindfulness
• Heals emotional pain
This 40-hour course will focus on teaching restorative yoga techniques which you can incorporate into general classes, or specific tailored classes, workshops and retreats.
In this course we will explore -
- The concepts of Restorative trauma sensitive yoga
- How to use props effectively
- Restorative postures, applied anatomy, modifications, and assists
- How to structure and deliver effective class sequences
- Specific pranayama and yoga nidra techniques to enhance restorative yoga practice
- Therapeutic Restorative application
- Your understanding of the Vagus nerve, nervous system and stress/relaxation response
- How to work with common injuries and health issues
- Verbal cues, how to hold space, breath awareness, trauma sensitive language and assists
**Course Dates – The course will be held at The Yoga studio Training Academy in Hull over 5 days – 9.30am – 5pm
October- 29th, 30th
November- 25th, 26th, 27th
** Course fees – For 5 Training Dates - £550
£250 Initial Deposit to secure place on course, followed by 2 x £150 monthly payments in October and November.
* Restorative yoga specialist training Certificate is Certified with Yoga Alliance Professionals UK. The Yoga Studio and Training Academy is a Registered Yoga School and Ann-Marie Mainprize is a Registered Trainer Pro and Senior Yoga Teacher With Yoga Alliance Professionals UK
Small learning group with a maximum of 14 participants
Ann-Marie will share her wealth of teaching experience and each day will include Restorative Practice as well as guided Meditation, Pranayama, and Self-reflection.
On completion of the course and assignment, graduate Yoga Teachers will receive the Yoga studio and Training academy 40 hr Restorative Yoga Teaching Certificate accredited with Yoga Alliance Professionals UK
Please contact Ann-Marie on 07791172539 / email@example.com with any questions or to secure your place
Amiyoga teacher training has met the stringent requirements set by Yoga Alliance Professionals UK, demonstrating that this course is of the highest standards. Upon qualifying trainees will receive the Amiyoga teacher training certificate certified by Yoga Alliance Professionals and our graduates may use the title Registered Yoga teacher 200RYT as a sign of quality training when they upgrade membership with Yoga Alliance Professionals UK This accreditation is an internationally recognised qualification allowing you teach yoga worldwide.