The 200 Hr Yoga Teacher Training Course is held at the Amiyoga Studio in Hull. The training Days are 12 weekends, (Saturday and Sunday 9.30am - 5pm) Commencing October to Qualify in July 2023
• Surya / Chandra Namskara (Sun and Moon Salutations)
• 120 + Yoga Asana's and Yoga Therapy Techniques (Seated, Standing, Inversions, Backbends and Balancing Postures)
• Hatha, Yoga Therapy, Vinyasa and Yin Yoga
• Adjustments (Active, Passive, Resistive and Thai yoga)
• Alignment awareness - Encouraging and recognising Asana postural habits using The Alexander technique
• Intelligent Sequencing
• Major Yogic Breathing Techniques
• Yoga Therapy Pranayama benefits
• Breath ratios for Blood pressure
• Connect to your brainwaves
• Discover your inner stillness
• Buddhist Meditation techniques
• Chakra balancing, Clarity, Gratitude, Energy, Mindfulness, Mudras and Mantra
• Savasana Practice - Variations for health issues
• Assisted Savasana for tension release and relaxation
• Relaxation techniques
• Connect to Yoga Nidra and benefits of Practice
• Practice Yogic Cleansing Techniques
• Therapeutic benefits to yoga practice
• Functional Anatomy and Physiology - Skeletal, Muscular, Nervous, Respiratory, Circulation,
Urinary, Endocrine, Reproductive, Digestive and Lymph Systems
• Subtle Anatomy - Banda's, Nadi's, Vagu's, Chakra's
Applied Anatomy and Yoga
• Managing Common health and medical issues within a yoga group
• Benefits and Contra-indications
• Modifications and Preventing injury
• Health Consultations and initial assessments
• Pawanmuktasana, Restorative yoga, Sports injury therapy, Alexander technique, Nutritional Therapy and Yin Yoga Techniques
• Yoga Therapy for mental health issues, stress, anxiety, Depression.
• Understanding Trauma Therapy
• Joint and postural health issues - Back issues, Disc problems, Sciatica, Injuries, Neck, Shoulder, Hip and knee problems and headaches
• Balancing hormones to relieve Pre-menstrual tension, Menopause and imbalances.
• Digestive System - Understanding the Gut Brain connection, effects of stress and poor digestion, mental health connection
• Yin Yoga - How to release deep rooted muscular tension to alleviate postural issues, mental health problems and prevent injury.
• History of Yoga
• Yoga Philosophy - Patanjali's Yoga Sutra's and Eight Limbs of Yoga
• Develop your ethics and Yoga as a way of life
• Connect to your Authentic Style of Practice
• Teaching methodology - How to teach effectively using demonstration and verbal cues
• Effective adjustments
• Student and teacher relationship, professionalism and ethics
• Teaching styles
• Plan and teach micro lessons within the course setting
• Sanskrit Pronunciation
• Develop your Authentic Voice
• Effective Lesson Planning to meet individual needs
• Teaching One to one, groups, workshops and retreats
Your Yoga Business
• Your responsibility
• Establishing and Marketing yourself
• Ethics of yoga as a business
• Tools to connect - Social media, websites, newsletters
• Future Opportunities – Setting up retreats, workshops and Classes
Amiyoga teacher training has met the stringent requirements set by Yoga Alliance Professionals UK, demonstrating that this course is of the highest standards. Upon qualifying trainees will receive the Amiyoga teacher training certificate certified by Yoga Alliance Professionals and our graduates may use the title Registered Yoga teacher 200RYT as a sign of quality training when they upgrade membership with Yoga Alliance Professionals UK
This accreditation is an internationally recognised qualification allowing you teach yoga worldwide.
While there is no standard set in stone for what makes a great yoga teacher, there are certain qualities at AmiYoga, that we encourage all our qualified Yoga Teachers and new trainees to be mindful of:
We Begin with a genuine passion, love and enthusiasm for yoga and inspiration to heal and support others. A great yoga teacher will have extensive knowledge and intelligence of the application of teaching Yoga.
This knowledge includes a thorough understanding of Philosophy, Anatomy, Teaching methodology, Alignment, ethics of teaching and safety during practice. We believe an effective yoga teacher has the ability and intuition, despite class size, to teach every student as an individual with support.
A great yoga teacher will connect personally to make every student feel welcome, included and inspired. An effective teacher will adapt their lesson plan mindfully to benefit the needs within the group and provide modifications, variations and mindful assists to suit the individual needs, health issues and level of practice present in the group.
At AmiYoga Yoga Teacher Training, our aim is to empower our students with a strong foundation in the Principals and Philosophies of teaching Hatha Yoga and Vinyasa as a Therapy in a Safe and Effective manner with emphasis on Alignment, Functional Anatomy, Physiology, Intelligent sequencing and Yoga as a therapy for specific health issues, injury and rehabilitation.
Printed in Om Yoga Magazine June 2019
Courses held at the Amiyoga Studio in Hull, East Yorkshire - Venue may Change if Social restrictions are in place
Our next Course commences in January 2022
Request a copy of our online Yoga Teacher Training Course Syllabus containing information on Areas of study, Assessment Techniques, Terms and Conditions, Course Fee's, Schedule and much more....
Spread the cost of your course fees over 10 interest free monthly payments.
Opportunity to earn while you learn - Included within your course fee’s is insurance with Yoga Alliance Professionals UK as a Trainee Teacher to cover you to teach 2 hours per week during your training course.
•2 years regular yoga practice
•Recommendation and referral from your yoga teacher
•Commitment, compassion, and a genuine love and passion for yoga