The 200 Hr Yoga Teacher Training Course is held at the Yoga Studio Training Academy in Hull. The training Days are 11 weekends, (Saturday and Sunday 9.30am - 5pm) Commencing January to qualify in October 2025 yoga teacher training course in hull east yorkshire
Welcome to my 200Hr Yoga Teacher Training Course at our dedicated yoga studio and training academy in Hull, East Yorkshire.
Amiyoga Yoga Teacher training has been designed to transform your life, educate you to teach yoga confidently and inspire you to become an established yoga teacher. Upon qualification you will have all the tools to design and teach transformational classes, one to ones, workshops and retreats in yoga therapy, vinyasa flow, meditation, relaxation and breath work, (Pranayama).
Yoga Teacher Training is so much more than training to be a safe and effective yoga teacher, the journey is such a powerful unique experience and one that you remember for a life time, one that guides you to your path and connects you to your authentic self, improves confidence, integrity, self-esteem, releases you from the negative narratives and empowers you to move forwards in your life with inspiration and wisdom.
With 9 years Yoga teacher training experience my aim is to empower our students with a strong foundation in the Principals and Philosophies of teaching Hatha Yoga and Vinyasa as a Therapy in a Safe and Effective manner with emphasis on Alignment, Functional Anatomy, Physiology, Intelligent sequencing and Yoga as a therapy for specific health issues, injury and rehabilitation.
Our Yoga teacher training course open day is on Saturday 14th October 2024 at the studio which will give you the opportunity to meet and practice with me, ask questions, meet potential peers and take a peek at our course manual. This will enable you to check that the course resonates with you and gain insight to the course, assessments and home studies.
This course is available in person at our studio in Hull and online through zoom. We have certified Trainees from Glasgow and Buckinghamshire so please don't let the distance challenge you.
Please find details below about the course content, certification, early bird discounts on course fees, our earn while you learn scheme and pre-requisites.
You can also request a course syllabus HERE
Please don't hesitate to contact me on 07791172539 / email@example.com with any questions.
Saturday 14th September 2024 10.30am - 1pm
The Yoga Studio Training Academy, 5 Princes Avenue, Hull, HU5 3RX
Have you ever considered training to become a certified yoga teacher?
This open day is an opportunity for you to come and meet Ann-Marie Mainprize, Course Director, and Lead Principle of our 200hr Yoga Teacher Training Course to ask questions, practice, meet potential peers and look at our course manual to see if the course resonates with you before you commit to the course commencing in January 2024
The day will include –
10.30am - Welcome and YTT Course Intro
11am - Guided Practice Including Yoga Therapy, Vinyasa, Pranayama,
Meditation and Yoga Nidra
12.30pm - Refreshments and Q&A
Please contact me on 07791172539 to book your place
• Surya / Chandra Namskara (Sun and Moon Salutations)
• 120 + Yoga Asana's and Yoga Therapy Techniques (Seated, Standing, Inversions, Backbends and Balancing Postures)
• Hatha, Yoga Therapy, Vinyasa and Yin Yoga
• Adjustments (Active, Passive, Resistive and Thai yoga)
• Alignment awareness - Encouraging and recognising Asana postural habits using The Alexander technique
• Intelligent Sequencing
• Major Yogic Breathing Techniques
• Yoga Therapy Pranayama benefits
• Breath ratios for Blood pressure
• Connect to your brainwaves
• Discover your inner stillness
• Buddhist Meditation techniques
• Chakra balancing, Clarity, Gratitude, Energy, Mindfulness, Mudras and Mantra
• Savasana Practice - Variations for health issues
• Assisted Savasana for tension release and relaxation
• Relaxation techniques
• Connect to Yoga Nidra and benefits of Practice
• Practice Yogic Cleansing Techniques
• Therapeutic benefits to yoga practice
• Functional Anatomy and Physiology - Skeletal, Muscular, Nervous, Respiratory, Circulation,
Urinary, Endocrine, Reproductive, Digestive and Lymph Systems
• Subtle Anatomy - Banda's, Nadi's, Vagu's, Chakra's
Applied Anatomy and Yoga
• Managing Common health and medical issues within a yoga group
• Benefits and Contra-indications
• Modifications and Preventing injury
• Health Consultations and initial assessments
• Pawanmuktasana, Restorative yoga, Sports injury therapy, Alexander technique, Nutritional Therapy and Yin Yoga Techniques
• Yoga Therapy for mental health issues, stress, anxiety, Depression.
• Understanding Trauma Therapy
• Joint and postural health issues - Back issues, Disc problems, Sciatica, Injuries, Neck, Shoulder, Hip and knee problems and headaches
• Balancing hormones to relieve Pre-menstrual tension, Menopause and imbalances.
• Digestive System - Understanding the Gut Brain connection, effects of stress and poor digestion, mental health connection
• Yin Yoga - How to release deep rooted muscular tension to alleviate postural issues, mental health problems and prevent injury.
• History of Yoga
• Yoga Philosophy - Patanjali's Yoga Sutra's and Eight Limbs of Yoga
• Develop your ethics and Yoga as a way of life
• Connect to your Authentic Style of Practice
• Teaching methodology - How to teach effectively using demonstration and verbal cues
• Effective adjustments
• Student and teacher relationship, professionalism and ethics
• Teaching styles
• Plan and teach micro lessons within the course setting
• Sanskrit Pronunciation
• Develop your Authentic Voice
• Effective Lesson Planning to meet individual needs
• Teaching One to one, groups, workshops and retreats
Your Yoga Business
• Your responsibility
• Establishing and Marketing yourself
• Ethics of yoga as a business
• Tools to connect - Social media, websites, newsletters
• Future Opportunities – Setting up retreats, workshops and Classes
Amiyoga teacher training has met the stringent requirements set by Yoga Alliance Professionals UK, demonstrating that this course is of the highest standards. Upon qualifying trainees will receive the Amiyoga teacher training certificate certified by Yoga Alliance Professionals and our graduates may use the title Registered Yoga teacher 200RYT as a sign of quality training when they upgrade membership with Yoga Alliance Professionals UK
This accreditation is an internationally recognised qualification allowing you teach yoga worldwide.
While there is no standard set in stone for what makes a great yoga teacher, there are certain qualities at AmiYoga, that we encourage all our qualified Yoga Teachers and new trainees to be mindful of:
We Begin with a genuine passion, love and enthusiasm for yoga and inspiration to heal and support others. A great yoga teacher will have extensive knowledge and intelligence of the application of teaching Yoga.
This knowledge includes a thorough understanding of Philosophy, Anatomy, Teaching methodology, Alignment, ethics of teaching and safety during practice. We believe an effective yoga teacher has the ability and intuition, despite class size, to teach every student as an individual with support.
A great yoga teacher will connect personally to make every student feel welcome, included and inspired. An effective teacher will adapt their lesson plan mindfully to benefit the needs within the group and provide modifications, variations and mindful assists to suit the individual needs, health issues and level of practice present in the group.
At AmiYoga Yoga Teacher Training, our aim is to empower our students with a strong foundation in the Principals and Philosophies of teaching Hatha Yoga and Vinyasa as a Therapy in a Safe and Effective manner with emphasis on Alignment, Functional Anatomy, Physiology, Intelligent sequencing and Yoga as a therapy for specific health issues, injury and rehabilitation.
Printed in Om Yoga Magazine June 2019
Courses held at the Amiyoga Studio in Hull, East Yorkshire - Venue may Change if Social restrictions are in place
Our next Course commences in January 2025
Request a copy of our online Yoga Teacher Training Course Syllabus containing information on Areas of study, Assessment Techniques, Terms and Conditions, Course Fee's, Schedule and much more....
** Early Bird discount Offer
Full course fees £2405.00
**Valid till 30th November 2022
Spread the cost of your course fees over 10 interest free monthly payments.
Opportunity to earn while you learn - Included within your course fee’s is insurance with Yoga Alliance Professionals UK as a Trainee Teacher to cover you to teach 2 hours per week during your training course.
•2 years regular yoga practice
•Commitment, compassion, and a genuine love and passion for yoga